Common issues & testing yourself
Form2Content is a powerful extension but is also dependent on thorough Joomla understanding. Each F2C installation is unique as it's a CCK and each user creates his or her own forms and templates. As a result it's important that you understand and test van you create before asking support.
Guidelines for preventing and solving issues
- If you can't make it a Joomla article, you can't make it in F2C. So test plugins first in a Joomla article to see if they work!
- Follow the step by step tutorials. Jumping ahead will not work, confuse you and make you ask questions you shouldn't.
- Install the sample data for extra information. Than create your own F2C content type.
- ALWAYS get F2C working in the back-end FIRST before going to the front-end.
- Use the Joomla article manager (JAM) to check the generated article content (html). Easy to than backtrack changes needed in teh F2C template.
- Switch PHP error reporting ON. F2C will tell you your possible mistakes, especially useful for templating syntax!