Setting up your website for XML Import and Export
When you install Form2Content Pro, a default set-up will be used to configure the XML Import / Export Settings. It is recommended that you change these settings and use directories that are public accessible.
This tutorial will describe the various parameters and how to change them.
You can find the configuration parameters in the Joomla back-end. Navigate to the Form2Content Pro Component and select the Options button from the toolbar. The Configuration screen will pop-up (see screen shot). Now select the tab called "Article Import/Export".
You will see the following parameters that you can configure:
- Import directory: The absolute path to the location where the XML files will be picked up to be imported.
- Export directory: The absolute path to the location where XML export files will be written.
- Archive directory:The absolute path to the location where XML import files will be moved to after a succesful import.
- Error directory: The absolute path to the location where XML import files will be moved to that contain errors and therefore can not be imported.
- Action after import: Here you can set whether XML import files should be moved to the Archive directory after a succesful import or that they should be deleted.
- Import write mode: Specifies whether F2C Articles will be updated (based on the Id or the alternate key in the XML import file) or that new F2C Articles always should be created.
- Export File Upload fields: Indicates how File Upload fields appear in the export (please see the next paragraph for an explanation on the various possibilities).
- Export Image fields: Indicates how Image fields appear in the export (please see the next paragraph for an explanation on the various possibilities).
File Upload and Image export modes
File Upload and Image fields can be specified in three different ways in the export:
- Include as URL: The field will be added as a URL in the export file. When importing the file, make sure the URL location is accessible and not password protected.
- Include as local path: The field will be added as a local file path in the export file. When importing the file, make sure the local path is accessible and not password protected. This option will only work when the export and import take place on the same machine.
- Enclosed in XML: The field with all its contents will be completely enclosed in the XML. This option will produce very large XML files and should be used with care! This option can be used when you don't want (or can't) download or copy the fields during an import.
In case of error
If the import fails for any reason an error log is generated and placed in the < website root >/logs folder. Please add this file in support requests!